Saving money can mean depositing more of your paycheck each month, investing in the market, or setting up a retirement account. It's also about protecting the money you have by sticking to a budget and making sure your identity and assets are protected from theft and fraud. These articles have plenty of tips on accomplishing these goals.
At GCS Federal Credit Union, in O'Fallon, we do all we can to protect your investments and monitor activities on your accounts. Call us at (618) 797-7993 if you have questions about saving, investing, or protecting your money.
· The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) warns consumers about spam e-mails offering free credit reports and tells you where you can get a reputable report.
· Edmunds.com asks, “How much car you can afford?” in this helpful article.
· Make sure your paperwork is in order when applying for an auto loan. This article from CarsDirect gives you a handy checklist.
· OnGuardOnline.gov lists several scams to avoid in order to protect your money from wire fraud and other crime.
· MoneyGram lists common frauds and scams and keeps a running total of how much Americans lose to wire fraud each year.