There are endless benefits to using a local credit union for your banking services. From membership benefits, low interest rates, and more! The employees at GCS Credit Union in O’Fallon, IL are dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Call us today at (618) 797-7993 to find out how GCS Credit Union can help you!
- Are you trying to save your pennies? Get some fantastic tips on saving from Good Housekeeping .
- Money expert Suze Orman offers these priceless tips on saving money .
- US News provides this informative article on why you should consider joining a credit union.
- Do you know how banks and credit unions differ? Find out from MoneyCrashers.com.
- Learn more about credit union discounts from LoveMyCreditUnion.org.
Frustrated with the banking practices of giant banks that profit from unethical practices, more and more consumers are turning to credit unions for their financial and banking services , and for good reason. Why can consumers feel safer with a credit union? Keep reading to find out.
- Credit unions can offer better rates. As opposed to banks, credit unions are not-for-profit. Since credit unions are not driven by profit, they can offer better rates. This includes lower interest rates for loans and credit cards and higher interest rates for savings, money market, and checking accounts, as well as certificates of deposit (CDs). These rates can range anywhere from four to 10 times the amount in interest you would receive from a for-profit bank.
- Smaller operations allow for better customer service. If you’ve ever felt frustrated with the customer service at a commercial bank, you’re not alone, but there is good news. Credit unions can offer a superior level of customer service due to the small size of the business. Instead of long lines and indifferent bank tellers, you can enjoy a more friendly and pleasant experience at your credit union.
- When you belong to a credit union, your opinion matters. A credit union is a cooperative that is owned and operated by its members. This differs vastly from a bank, which is owned by stockholders who are profit-driven. At a credit union, your initial membership deposit makes you a part-owner of the credit union and gives you a say in the credit union’s decisions and policies.
Come to GCS Credit Union in O’Fallon, Illinois for superior customer service and excellent rates for checking and savings accounts, credit cards, auto loans , and more. If you’re interested in learning more about what we have to offer, please give us a call at (618) 797-7993.
Millions of Americans struggle with low credit scores, which often prevent them from renting an apartment, buying a car, or getting a loan . Luckily, there are some simple ways to boost your credit score. Find out what they are by watching this helpful video.
To improve your credit score, obtain your credit history report and inspect it for any errors. If you do discover any inaccuracies, dispute them with the credit reporting agencies right away. You can also increase your credit limits, but avoid closing out old accounts in order to keep valuable links to your credit score.
At GCS Credit Union we are available to assist you in any way we can, whether by setting you up with a checking or savings account or helping you apply for a loan in O’Fallon, Illinois . Give us a call at (618) 797-7993 today!
You may already know about the major benefits of belonging to a credit union over a commercial bank, including better rates and superior customer service. However, there are some lesser-known benefits of being a member here at GCS Credit Union. When you bank with us, you can enjoy:
Great discounts on fun entertainment.
- You and your family will absolutely love Silver Dollar City, and the discount is on GCS Credit Union! Full of fun activities and rides, Silver Dollar City is sure to please everyone, young and old. Perhaps you want some fun in the water instead? We also offer discounted tickets to White Water and Raging River Waterpark just for GCS Credit Union members. Other excellent entertainment discounts include substantial savings on main gate tickets to Six Flags—you can even print and go for your convenience.
Money off valuable services and products.
- GCS Credit Union offers credit union discounts through Invest in America , a credit union rewards system. Save tons of money on amazing products! For example, you can get 30% off of Dell products or save $160 on your first year of DirecTV service. Members can even save thousands on new vehicles from GMC! Your taxes can be a snap with GCS Credit Union’s discount on TurboTax tax filing services; or if you are planning an interstate move, you can receive over a 60% discount from Allied. If you love to shop, you can get cash back from 1,200 retailers from ShopAmerica. Homeowners and car owners also love the discounts they get from the MEMBERS Auto & Homeowners Insurance Program. You can even save money on your Sprint cell phone bill if you become a GCS Credit Union member.
For high-quality banking services in O’Fallon , from dedicated and friendly professionals, come to GCS Credit Union. We are committed to giving you the best banking experience possible. Call us to learn more at (618) 797-7993.
Managing your household finances can seem tricky at first, but there are plenty of resources for you and your family to learn about how to budget money. Check out these provided links for help being financially independent.
- CNN Money gives some helpful tips on teaching kids about money.
- Do you want to teach your kids the value of a dollar? Be sure to read this Forbes article to learn how.
- Here’s a handy guide to budgeting for kids at PBSKids.org.
- Beware of online scams and be prepared. Learn how with this article on how to prevent identity theft .
- Microsoft.com offers this piece on phishing and how to identify a scam.
Join GCS Federal Credit Union in O’Fallon, Illinois for a top-quality and friendly banking experience—call (618) 797-7993 to learn more today.
A credit union with a quality online system for its members is invaluable—that’s why the professionals here at GCS Federal Credit Union have dedicated time and effort to making our online presence a valuable asset to our customers. What can you expect from banking online with GCS Federal Credit Union? We are committed to offering you:
- Convenience: Say goodbye to the frustrating task of balancing your checkbook—GCS Federal Credit Union makes it easy with our online banking system. Now, with just the click of a button, all your information is at your fingertips. Automatic bill pay is available so you’ll never have past-due bills again! Additionally, our Total Money Manager feature helps you manage your finances with greater ease than ever. You can even reorder checks online.
- Security: With every transaction you make online with GCS Federal Credit Union, you can be assured that you are protected. Our site is secure, meaning your information is secure too. Simply set up an account at our website—it’s easy! Just follow the step-by-step directions and soon you’ll be able to pay bills, check your account statements, and manage your household budget, all by simply logging in. Our GCS toolbar is convenient and free from spyware, adware, and viruses, of course.
- Excellent Customer Service: You will still have personal, one-on-one interaction with GCS Federal Credit Union’s online banking service—no matter your question, we can help. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members are available to assist you via email and phone with any concerns or problems you may encounter.
Call GCS Federal Credit Union in O’Fallon, Illinois at (618) 797-7993. We offer a wide variety of banking services, including checking and savings accounts, personal loans, mortgages, credit cards, and more.
Are finances all Greek to you? If you have trouble keeping track of your money, this may be the perfect video for you. Check it out and learn about the basics of a checking account.
To manage your checking account, make sure your account has a positive balance at all times to avoid overdraft fees. If you have automatic bill pay, mark the days when money is scheduled to be withdrawn from your account and make sure you have sufficient funds to pay those bills. Use free online banking to keep track of all your deposits and withdrawals—it’s easy!
At GCS Credit Union of O’Fallon, Illinois, our friendly and committed Member Service Representatives are here to help with a wide range of banking services, including checking accounts and credit cards. Call us at (618) 797-7993, and we will be more than happy to answer all of your questions.
Identity theft is a growing problem as Americans’ lives become increasingly virtualized. Identity theft occurs through access to checking account information, credit cards, ID numbers, and computerized banking systems. While this problem is unlikely to go away completely, there are some very simple steps you can take to protect yourself against identity theft. Read on to learn more:
- Beware of scams. Millions of people receive scam emails daily, often from seemingly legitimate websites asking for personal information. A popular scam, for example, is an email informing you that your eBay account is about to be suspended unless you respond with personal information. This is called phishing , and even savvy web users can be fooled. Look out for poor grammar and spelling as indicators of phishing and always check the sender’s email address.
- Use complex passwords. While it is tempting to use passwords that you can easily remember, or one password for all your accounts, you should use more complex passwords that cannot be guessed. Steer clear of using your name, a name of someone in your family, or a pet’s name. Birthdays are also to be avoided. Use a complex combination of numbers and letters in different cases to bolster security.
- Keep track of your accounts and credit score. Review your checking account activity often to make sure there are no suspicious purchases being made without your knowledge. Even small charges are worth investigating—sometimes a thief will make small purchases at first to see if the account is active. Additionally, be sure to check your credit score at all three of the major credit rating companies—Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion—on a regular basis. It is recommended that you do this every three months, though for a fee, these companies will alert you of any changes in your credit score for you.
For a quality credit union you can trust, come to GCS Credit Union of O’Fallon, Illinois. We are dedicated to providing you the utmost in secure and convenient banking. To learn more about our services and offers, please call (618) 797-7993.